FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020
Please keep visiting this page for updates
Last updated on: 03 January 2020
- The registration for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020 starts on 1 January 2020.
- The link for registration is available here.
- The complete list of projects/topics under FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020 is listed here.
Click here to know the important dates.
Screening Task: Creating maps and analyzing spatial data using QGIS.
NOTE: This task has been divided in two parts. It is mandatory to complete both the parts as described below for this screening task to be considered as completed.
- Select topics/variables from the list. Minimum one topic or two or more related topics must be selected.
Link for the list of topics.
- Propose the broad method to be followed for data collection and analysis of the data for the selected topic. proposal form here.
3. Your proposal will be reviewed and approved/disapproved (within one working day).
4. After receiving the approval for the proposal, you can proceed to complete Part B.
- Collect the data for the chosen topic/topics. You can also use data from the databases. Please give the link for the database website.
- Prepare the data in spreadsheet format.
- Use QGIS software to create maps for the data.
- Analyze the data using statistical analysis tools available in QGIS.
- Write a detailed report, the report must have details about the methods of data collection, sources of data, data in spreadsheet format, software details (QGIS version, plugins ), QGIS tools used to analyze the data, maps in qgis format (.qgs file extension), summary of data analysis.
Procedure to Submit the report:
Create a folder that has the following documents
a. A detailed report in PDF format
b. Data in a spreadsheet in csv or txt format.
c. Maps created using QGIS in .qgs format.
Follow the naming convention while saving the folder: QGIS-Your name-FSF-2020. For Example, QGIS-Krishna-Sharma-FSF-2020
Compress the folder to create a zip file.
Upload this zip file at the moodle interface.
Click here to submit your task.
Proficiency with QGIS software is mandatory.
The following criteria will be considered while evaluating the submitted project.
- Quality and quantity of the data collected.
- Accuracy of the data analysis.
- Quality of the maps generated using QGIS.
For queries mail us at : contact-qgis(at)fossee(dot)in